Hands on Experiences in Glassblowing
Just For Fun
Work hand in hand with our instructors to make your choice of paperweight or float/ornament. This is a fantastic single or group activity and a wonderful way to make unique hand made gifts.
Our prices start at $180 and includes 4 small pieces (ornaments/floats OR paperweights) or 2 medium pieces (vase, tumbler). This two hour private event is a blast!
Special discounted pricing is available for large groups.
Here are the types of groups who have participated in the “Hands on Experience”:
- Families (grandparents, parents and children)
- Friends looking for a fun activity
- Individuals making unique gifts
- Dates nights
- Co-workers looking for a team building activity
- Students checking out glass blowing
- Girl Scouts/ School kids looking for to learn about glass
- Birthday Parties or Holiday Events
We will tailor the event to make the experience you envision come true. Blow Glass.
Atlanta Hot Glass offers three types of glassblowing classes: “Glass 101”, “Glass Lab” and “Personalized Sessions”. You choose which one suits your style and your budget. The classes are not exclusive of each other – i.e. you can do one or all.
Glass 101 is for beginners. Our professional instructors teach you all basic skills you need to blow glass.
- For those taking a Glass 101 class, the Glass Lab allows a cost effective way to practice your glassblowing skills and meet other enthusiasts. Meeting other glass blowers becomes important when you start renting time as sharing is not only helps with the cost but also provides a ready assistant.
Personalized Sessions are key to learning new techniques and focusing on trouble areas. Also, some folks prefer the low student to teacher ratio.
(5 wks, one 3 hr session per week)
Glass 101 is our introductory course in glassblowing. It is a 5 week course that introduces the student to the basic skills necessary to blow glass. Students will learn to use the basic tools of glassblowing, gathering glass, rudimentary shaping of glass and cylindrical forms. Cylinders and teamwork are emphasized.
Cost: $550 per person
Maximum Class Size: 3 students
Number of Students Required: 2
Personalized Glassblowing Sessions
These sessions feature a low student to instructor ratio and allows the instructor to develop a customized curriculum for each student. Learn at your own pace or specify the desire to learn a specific technique. Atlanta Hot Glass has instructors who specialize in areas such as production, sculpting, goblets, casting, etc.
|# of Student(s)||Time/Session||Total Cost/Session|
Note: Divide the Total Cost by the number of students to get the cost per student.
Bonus: Sign up for 4 personalized glassblowing sessions and get a free Level 1 AHG membership which includes a 10% discount